Location: Budapest, Hungary
Senior Staff Software Engineer (Connected Navigation)
As Software Driven Experience (SWX), we are the software powerhouse of Stellantis, developing innovative tech platforms that can scale across all our brands and delight our customers with a best- in-class experience. For this mission, we are seeking experienced, passionate, diverse, and creative individuals to lead the architectural design of our Connected Navigation systems and platform, integrating advanced in-vehicle software functions with offboard cloud connectivity for next generation vehicles. This position requires both a deep understanding of the unique requirements of automotive software development and of modern software development paradigms like cloud platforms, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence. The successful candidate will be breaking new ground and surpassing existing barriers and paradigms for software development and integration in the embedded automotive space and will have a real impact on how customers interact with future In-Vehicle Infotainment systems.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer in SWX’s, you will use your talents and expertise to guide one Connected Navigation engineering team to create unique Navigation experiences for a global, multi-brand deployment of millions of upcoming Stellantis cars over the next years. You use your strong technology background and communication skills to define, solicit and deliver rock solid, scalable and secure architectures bridging in-vehicle and online functionalities for Navigation based on the following technologies: Java/C++, AOSP, Linux, Unity, ReactNative, AWS, k8s, HTTPS, MQTT. Your contributions are the delivery of working code as well as giving technical leadership for your development team, working closely with the Principal Engineering community to create solutions that are in line with engineering standards and the overall technical architecture.
If you are eager to make a significant impact on Connected Navigation and create outstanding customer experiences, we welcome you to apply and join our team!
- Own the software architecture and technical designs for the Connected Navigation system across multiple teams within one department, architecting them for scalability, reliability, testability, and performance.
- Solve complex problems in a scalable way, working closely with stakeholders from the business and third parties.
- Set your teams up for success by providing technical leadership and expertise to enable them to deliver large scale technical solutions and being a key contributor to the team’s strategic direction.
- Conduct architecture and production readiness checks for Connected Navigation systems.
- Be fundamental in defining test strategies for Connected Navigation systems and translate them into actionable plans teams can act upon.
- Deliver best-in-class operational excellence by leading and ensuring the right quality of operational processes (e.g., root cause analysis).
- Build scalable, highly available and resilient applications based on the best cloud stack and languages that suit the business the most.
- Be an active participant in hiring for team vacancies and an enabler for the individual growth of team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with navigation systems
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the fields of automotive navigation and cloud technologies (HTTPS, MQTT, AWS, K8S) and DevOps operation models.
- Software development experience in one or more high level programming languages and frameworks (Languages: Java, C++, Node.JS, Python).
- Customer-focused mindset to create outcomes that matter
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and organization skills
- Passionate about delivering high-quality solutions
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done mentality
- Capable of taking decisions in time while dealing with uncertainties and incomplete information
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency and proper skills in English to communicate with customers
- Exhibit flexibility, prioritization, and the ability to multitask
- Good team player with experience working with people from different nationalities andnsites in a truly global development team.
Considered as a plus
- Master's degree in a business or technical field connected to automotive or navigation
- 3-5 years of experience in microservice architecture
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and long-term bonus system
- Fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday, nearby at one of the best all-you-can-eat restaurants in Budapest or delivered by Wolt for Work
- Work on the hottest applied research problem in an agile working culture, backed by a strong, stable and future-proof industrial partnership
- Develop solutions for one of the largest car manufacturers with a global reach
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Be proud of seeing your solution on the road
- Visit relevant international conferences, submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance