Location: Budapest, Hungary
Senior Staff Software Engineer - Connected Navigation
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer in SWX’s, you will use your talents and expertise to guide one Connected Navigation engineering team to create unique Navigation experiences for a global, multi-brand deployment of millions of upcoming Stellantis cars over the next years. You use your strong technology background and communication skills to define, solicit and deliver rock solid, scalable and secure architectures bridging in-vehicle and online functionalities for Navigation based on the following technologies: C++/Rust, Java, AOSP, Linux, Unity, ReactNative, AWS, k8s, HTTPS, MQTT. Your contributions are the delivery of working code as well as giving technical leadership for your development team, working closely with the Principal Engineering community to create solutions that are in line with engineering standards and the overall technical architecture.
If you are eager to make a significant impact on Connected Navigation and create outstanding customer experiences, we welcome you to apply and join our team!
- Own the software architecture and technical designs for the Connected Navigation system across multiple teams within one department, architecting them for scalability, reliability, testability, and performance.
- Solve complex problems in a scalable way, working closely with stakeholders from the business and third parties.
- Set your teams up for success by providing technical leadership and expertise to enable them to deliver large scale technical solutions and being a key contributor to the team’s strategic direction.
- Conduct architecture and production readiness checks for Connected Navigation systems.
- Be fundamental in defining test strategies for Connected Navigation systems and translate them into actionable plans teams can act upon.
- Deliver best-in-class operational excellence by leading and ensuring the right quality of operational processes (e.g., root cause analysis).
- Build scalable, highly available and resilient applications based on the best cloud stack and languages that suit the business the most.
- Be an active participant in hiring for team vacancies and an enabler for the individual growth of team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience with automotive navigation systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience with cloud technologies (HTTPS, MQTT, AWS, K8S) and DevOps operation models
- Strong written and oral English skills to communicate with customers and stakeholders
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer who
- has excellent analysis skills, problem solving and organization skills
- is passionate about delivering high quality solutions
- is self-starter, a strong sense of ownership, gets things done mentality
- can take decisions in time, while dealing with uncertainties and incomplete information
- exhibits flexibility, prioritization and the ability to multitask
- is a good team player and works well with people from different nationalities and sites in a truly global development team
Considered as a plus
- Master's degree in a technical field connected to Automotive or Navigation
- Experience in the field of Cloud Technology (HTTPS, MQTT, AWS, K8S), preferably with Microservice Architectures
- Experience in the field of Automotive Navigation: navigation systems, route planning, destination search, map data processing, map rendering, etc.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and long-term bonus system
- Fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday, nearby at one of the best all-you-can-eat restaurants in Budapest or delivered by Wolt for Work
- Work on the hottest applied research problem in an agile working culture, backed by a strong, stable and future-proof industrial partnership
- Develop solutions for one of the largest car manufacturers with a global reach
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Be proud of seeing your solution on the road
- Visit relevant international conferences, submit patents of new solutions
- We believe in people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance