Location: Budapest, Hungary
Motion & Behavior Planning Engineer
Our automated driving SW stack aiDrive will be deployed to millions of production vehicles in the upcoming years, thanks to our recently announced OEM partnership. In the course of this development journey, you will be able to impact and witness the creation of state-of-the-art automated driving applications on highways, interurban and urban areas, as well as parking situations, using the latest automotive sensor technologies and advanced machine learning algorithms. All this will be supported by fleet data at scale, paired with our unique data pipeline and infrastructure as provided by aiMotive’s aiData.
Autonomous vehicles must make hundreds of decisions per second to swiftly integrate into the traffic, obey traffic rules, navigate along the planned path while keeping the passengers and all surrounding traffic actors safe. On this team, you will work on the high-level motion planning of the vehicle: understanding, determining and executing desired driving behaviors in complex traffic situations.
To achieve this goal, you will cooperate with the perception teams to have a good understanding of the surrounding world and you will model interactive situations to investigate how other road users react and validate our decisions. Driving scenarios include highway maneuvers, lane changes, intersections, urban roads and others.
We are looking for candidates with strong overall software engineering skills, with some experience in the field of robotics and learning-based systems. You will follow agile methodologies to contribute to the self-driving software stack.
- Design, implement, simulate and extend existing prediction, decision making and path planning algorithms, such as: learning-based state estimation and prediction; learning-based trajectory prediction; classical methods for search and validation; optimization methods; rule-based algorithms etc.
- Evaluate and improve algorithms in various environments (SiL, HiL, in-vehicle) to verify performance and robustness
- Improve codebase by providing clear, well-structured and testable code
- Debugging, situation and data analysis debugging to find root-causes and resolve issues
- Create, maintain and improve datasets to support algorithm development, testing and evaluation
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Information technology/Software engineering or relevant experience
- Familiarity with robotics concepts
- Advanced knowledge of C ++ / Python
- Git knowledge, expertise in Linux-based environments
- Proactive approach to daily tasks
- Social competency, flexibility and ability to work in a team
- Intermediate English skills
Considered as a plus
- Prior experience working on a team in an agile environment
- Prior work with behavior prediction for autonomous agents
- Prior academic or industry experience in autonomous driving
- Knowledge of prediction, trajectory and path planning algorithms
- Expertise in machine learning and data-driven methods (e.g. convolutional / recurrent neural networks) and toolchains (e.g. PyTorch)
- Experience with CI/CD or build management.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems with immediate real-world applications
- Competitive salary and long-term bonus system
- Fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday, nearby at one of the best all-you-can-eat restaurants in Budapest or delivered by Wolt for Work
- Work on the hottest applied research problem in an agile working culture, backed by a strong, stable and future-proof industrial partnership
- Develop solutions for one of the largest car manufacturers with a global reach
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Be proud of seeing your solution on the road
- Submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance