Location: Budapest, Hungary
Connected Navigation, Senior Vice President (SVP)
As the software powerhouse of Stellantis, SWX is at the forefront of developing innovative technology platforms that scale across all our brands and delight our customers with best-in-class experiences. We are on a mission to create the next generation of Connected Navigation systems and platforms, seamlessly integrating advanced in-vehicle software functions with offboard cloud connectivity for millions of upcoming Stellantis vehicles. To lead this transformative journey, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced SVP to oversee our Connected Navigation engineering teams and shape the future of in-vehicle infotainment systems.
As the SVP, you will have the unique opportunity to lead the architectural design and technical direction of the Connected Navigation system across multiple teams within our department, driving the creation of new Navigation experiences for the global deployment of millions of Stellantis vehicles under multiple brands over the next few years.
- Spearhead the development of cutting-edge technologies and solutions in the field of Connected Navigation, leveraging emerging trends such as IoT, AI, and cloud platforms to drive innovation.
- Define and maintain a forward-looking architectural roadmap for Connected Navigation, ensuring it aligns with business objectives, scalability, security, and adaptability to evolving automotive technologies.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and coaching to development teams, fostering a culture of continuous learning and excellence in software development practices.
- Play a key role in influencing product strategy by providing insights into technological possibilities and market trends.
- Continuously optimize the performance of Connected Navigation systems, identifying bottlenecks, and implementing improvements to enhance user experience.
- Collaborate with external vendors and partners.
- Efficiently manage technical budgets and resource allocation to ensure cost-effectiveness while achieving project goals.
- Identify potential risks and proactively develop mitigation strategies to ensure project timelines and objectives are met.
- Actively participate in hiring to fill team vacancies.
- Report to our CEO; attend weekly meetings.
- Studies in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Software development experience in one or more high-level programming languages and frameworks (Java, C++, Node.JS, Python).
- Customer-focused mindset to create outcomes that matter.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Passion for delivering high-quality solutions.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and a "get-things-done" mentality.
- Capable of making decisions in a timely manner while dealing with uncertainties and incomplete information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Good team player who has worked with people of different nationalities, located in many countries, as part of a truly global development team.
Considered a Plus
- Master's degree in a business or technical field connected to automotive or navigation.
- 3-5 years of experience in microservice architecture.
- Experience in the fields of cloud technologies and DevOps operation models.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and long-term bonus system
- Fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday, nearby at one of the best all-you-can-eat restaurants in Budapest or delivered by Wolt for Work
- Work on the hottest applied research problem in an agile working culture, backed by a strong, stable and future-proof industrial partnership
- Develop solutions for one of the largest car manufacturer with a global reach
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Be proud of seeing your solution on the road
- Visit relevant international conferences, submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance