Location: Budapest, Hungary / Posted at: 12/7/20
Research engineer – Road model
Detecting and providing a 3D model of the static environment around the vehicle is at the heart of self-driving applications - an accurate understanding of the position and other characteristics of lane sepators and road signs is one of the most important building blocks in delivering a reliable and highly performant autonomous vehicle.
As a Research Engineer in the Road model team, you will take part in prototyping new solutions, porting prototypes as reliable modules into real-time self-driving applications, and improving and benchmarking existing solutions. You will work in different environments like driving on a highway, city or parking lot, and you will see your code running in real cars on multiple continents.
- Research, develop and implement algorithms to improve the quality and robustness of the road model in self-driving cars
- Develop detection and tracking solutions based on various sensor data
- Integrate prototype models into real-time self-driving systems
- BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related field
- Strong C++ programming and software design skills
- Strong mathematical skills (linear algebra and probability distributions)
Considered as a plus:
- Programming in Python, working in Linux
- Experience in machine learning and data analysis
- Experience in robotics, sensor fusion, odometry, control or related fields
- Experience in developing safety critical, embedded or real-time systems
- Experience in computer graphics, computer vision, physics simulation or other mathematics-intensive applications
Why work with us?
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems with immediate real-world applications
- Competitive salary, share option and fitness opportunities
- Work on the hottest applied research problem at one of the fastest growing startup in Europe
- Develop solutions for the largest car manufacturers and their suppliers in the US, Europe and Asia
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain work-life balance