Location: Budapest, Hungary / Posted at: 3/22/21
Research engineer - Obstacle detection
aiDrive is an inherently scalable self-driving full-stack software offered to automotive OEMs and Tier1s. Utilizing an economical vision-first redundant sensor setup aiDrive offers a safe autonomous experience. Relying on powerful artificial intelligence and robust sensor fusion it is prepared for self-driving in any environment, climate, or driving culture. Its simulator tested and real-world proven autonomous valet parking and highway autopilot capabilities are under constant public road testing in Hungary and in the US.
Learn more about how aiDrive accelerates Sony’s VISION-S Prototype.
An accurate understanding of the surroundings of the vehicle is at the heart of self-driving applications, detecting and providing a 3D properties of the objects surrounding the vehicle is one of the fundamental building blocks in delivering a reliable autonomous vehicle.
As a Research Engineer in the Obstacle detection team, you will take part in prototyping new solutions, porting prototypes as reliable modules into real-time self-driving applications and improving and benchmarking existing solutions. You will work in different environments like driving on a highway, city and you will see your code running in real cars on multiple continents.
- Integrate prototype models into real-time self-driving systems
- Support the development and automation of the data collection pipeline
- Research, develop and implement algorithms to improve the quality and robustness of the object detection and tracking model in self-driving cars
- BS, MS, or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related field
- Strong C++ programming and software design skills
- Strong mathematical skills (linear algebra and probability distributions)
Considered as a plus
- Programming in Python, working in Linux
- Experience in machine learning and data analysis
- Experience in Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Experience in robotics
- Experience in developing safety critical, embedded, or real-time systems
- Experience in computer graphics, computer vision, physics simulation or other mathematics-intensive applications
Why work with us?
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems with immediate real-world applications
- Competitive salary, share option and fitness opportunities
- Work on the hottest applied research problem at one of the fastest growing startup in Europe
- Develop solutions for the largest car manufacturers and their suppliers in the US, Europe and Asia
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of cars across multiple continents every day
- Submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance