Location: Budapest, Hungary
The Product Manager for aiWare hardware IP is the global owner of the Product. The Product Manager is the global owner of the product Strategy, Planning, Marketing and Execution throughout the product lifecycle, including market intelligence, product roadmap, business model and pricing strategy, and working closely with engineering, sales, project management to ensure project execution. This includes as well promoting the Product to potential customers, partners, media, and analysts. The Product Manager supports the company’s overall strategy and goals, ensuring sustainable revenue streams and profitable business.
The successful candidate will be the bridge between the engineering and commercial worlds, able to both comprehend and digest a wide range of technical information and relate these to the commercial requirements of both aiMotive’s business objectives and customer requirements.
This role also demands excellent understanding of the dynamics of the semiconductor industry as they relate to automotive chip supply. Furthermore, a strong, up to date understanding is required of the factors driving the automotive industry’s relentless demand to upgrade compute capabilities in future vehicles.
The successful candidate will enjoy a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of future generations of automated vehicles in the global market. Backed by the unrivalled expertise of aiMotive’s engineers in AI algorithms, embedded software, and system level simulation/validation in addition to the advanced hardware IP development team, the successful candidate will be able to engage confidently at all levels from engineer to Management across the automotive and semiconductor industries.
The Product Manager will be the member of the Commercial team, reporting directly to the CCO.
- Take ownership of the product life cycle, gathering, consolidating, managing, and prioritizing market/customer requirements.
- Act as a Product leader, providing input to the Engineering team from customers, OEMs, Tier1s, partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure the most competitive product offering consistent with the resources available
- Monitor the competition and define the unique selling points (USPs) of your Product
- Develop business models and define pricing to secure profitability for your product portfolio
- Design marketing strategy, prepare and maintain all presentation materials used by the aiMotive sales and marketing teams relating to your product portfolio
- Create and agree by consensus all PR, white papers, benchmark document and related written collateral for the Product
- Build close working relationships with the Engineering SVP, and the engineering teams to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure strategies are in place and updated regularly to maximize business opportunities for the Product in all sales regions, fully aligned with the sales strategies of the company and all regional sales staff
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that the Product and its USPs are fully implemented as an integral part of overall aiMotive messaging, including support for website content, webinars, online demos and other material
- Monitor the dynamics of the market (e.g. customers, competitors, suppliers, regulation), and report regularly to all the commercial team across all parts of aiMotive
- Advise the CEO, CCO and all key management of factors that would enable the Product to deliver maximum value to the overall aiMotive business across all product categories
- Engineering background: able to engage easily with hardware as well as system and embedded software engineers
- Awareness of IP: understanding the difference between supplying hardware IP to supplying chips or hardware
- Keen to learn: focus is on being able to absorb information from the engineering team and translate it into actionable commercial activities
- Outgoing: comfortable presenting at all levels from senior management (with support from the Commercial team) to design engineers (with support from the SVP Hardware)
- Self-aware: know your limits! Given the breadth of Systems, Software and AI knowhow required, specific knowledge is less important than the ability to recognize the limits of your own knowhow, and leverage both technical and commercial expertise across all groups assimilate new information
- Commercial focus with technical bias: be interested to learn from others how best to develop new business opportunities in target customers, but also to focus your energies on contributing to the technical aspects of any engagement
- Genuine enthusiasm: aiMotive is a young, ambitious, and dynamic company aiming for a significant global role in tomorrow’s automated driving landscape – that needs to be reflected in all of its key external-facing team
Some of the following capabilities would be useful, but not essential, for this role. Candidates with strengths in one or more of these areas are encouraged to highlight these when submitting their applications and during interviews
- Experience, either as a vendor or customers, of semiconductor hardware IP
- A background in semiconductor design and/or marketing, ideally in digital SoC or ASIC chips for automotive (though experience in related industries such as industrial, mobile, military or consumer also valued)
- Some design engineering experience, sufficient to be confident when engaging on technical subjects with engineers
- Some experience presenting technically complex subjects both publicly and to people outside your organization
- Experience of Product Management / Product Ownership
- An interest in the bigger picture of how the world is transforming to embrace automated driving, EVs and other innovations in mobility and transportation
- Experience working with both large multinational companies as well as smaller startups
- Understanding of the supply chains and ecosystems spanning both semiconductors and automotive manufacturing
What we Offer:
- Full-time position in rapidly growing technology company
- Competitive compensation with base pay and share options
- Free lunch every workday at one of the best all you can eat restaurants in Budapest
- Opportunity to work with the leading Automotive and Tech companies on industry disrupting technologies
- We believe in: people over process:, we are keen to enable a great work-life balance for all our staff