Location: Budapest, Hungary
Unreal Engineer (aiSim)
aiMotive began developing its innovative aiSim in the nascent days of simulation in automated driving. Building this expertise has allowed us to create the first ISO26262 certified tool available to the broader automotive industry. TCL 3 enables aiSim to be an integral part of a development and verification toolchain up to ASIL D, ensuring deterministic, realistic, and repeatable testing.
Check out our latest video about aiSim!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our content team. Our content pipeline consists of various internal and proprietary tools, like Maya, Houdini and Unreal Editor used by 3D and tech artists to create aiSim engine ready 3D simulation environments.
aiSim Plugin for Unreal is a central component of our pipeline to exchange data assets and maps between aiSim and Unreal Engine.
- Develop and maintain aiSim plugin for Unreal Editor
- Utilize Unreal Engine built in editor frameworks, like Factories, Asset Modules, Material Baking Module
- Understand, maintain, and develop our content creation workflow
- Integrate the different 3D authoring tools we use, including Maya, Substance, Houdini and Unreal.
- Help developing import methods for external HD maps and content
- Close cooperation with graphic artists and aiSim engine developers
- Solid knowledge of C++
- Unreal Engine C++ experience
- Understanding of Blueprints
- Understanding of Unreal scene component hierarchy
- Critical attitude
- Intermediate level English skills
Considered as a plus
- SideFX Houdini experience
- Experience with ASAM standards (OpenDRIVE, Open CRG, OpenSCENARIO)
- Python knowledge
- QT knowledge
What We Offer
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems with immediate real-world applications
- Competitive salary, share option and fitness opportunities
- Free lunch every workday at one of the best all you can eat restaurants in Budapest
- Work on the hottest applied research problem at one of the fastest growing startup in Europe
- Develop solutions that reach the largest car manufacturers and their suppliers in the US, Europe and Asia
- Test your solution in realistic simulated scenarios and a fleet of test vehicles across multiple vehicle platforms
- Submit patents of new solutions
- We believe: people over process, we are keen to maintain a work-life balance